FRONT END DEVELOPER
CARGO is a fast-emerging automotive services company. Founded in 1997, we are proud to bring ease and expertise to the car trading business, and provide car import/export, insurance and advertising solutions to companies in the Netherlands. We are uniquely positioned to expand our offering, and our fast-growing team of 40 employees share this passion for personal excellence, growth and innovation.
We are a values-driven company – bringing bold thinking, human connections and simplicity to all that we do. When you join us, you can expect to: Be part of a talented, entrepreneurial and friendly team
· Be on the forefront of innovative technology
· Receive competitive compensation and benefits package
· Enjoy catered, healthy foods in the office
· Enjoy the flexibility to work remotely
· Receive mentorship, sponsorship and development opportunities
What you’re good at
You’re looking for a role where you can drive decisions, grow to the next step in your career and build applications ground-up. You have strong communications skills, problem-solving abilities, and most important, a sense of humor and an open mind. In this role you will be focused on building products for the CARGO ecosystem. You will help us improve our applications as we move from AngularJS to React.
· Define the technical requirements that are required to develop new features
· Implement robust, well-tested, scalable code and present web application changes
· Hands-on involvement across the SDLC (software development lifecycle) – designing, building and deploying high-performing cloud-based applications
· Develop and deploy applications and new functionality based on business needs
· Perform integration and regression testing procedures as required to ensure quality
· Work through bug fixes, error logging, scalability and improving application performance
· Adopt best practices in development, code versioning, testing and deployment
· Assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
Skills and qualifications:
· B.A. in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years of experience as a developer, preferably on a small team-oriented environment
· Knowledge of responsive design and CSS frameworks
· Experience with React and Next.JS, AngularJS
· Experience with web services (Graphql, REST)
· Focus on self-development, learning new technologies
· Bilingual (English and Dutch)
Bonus points, if you have experience with:
· Automated testing
· Domain driven design
· Continuous delivery and multivariate testing
When you join us, you’ll be part of a purposeful mission and make a positive difference through your skills. Be part of a small, inclusive and mighty team where you will have a voice at the table and be on the forefront of innovative technology.
If this sounds like a place where you can thrive, we encourage you to apply! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our colleague Ethel on +31(0)55 533 94 43.