Grimaldi Lines | Cargo Modalities
“Please be advised that still too many units are being delivered to the terminal which are not in line with current Grimaldi Lines Cargo Modalities.
These Modalities need to be taken seriously as they are in place for the safety of the stevedores at POL and POD, the vessel, cargo and vessel crew.
It is not just sufficient that cargo is “roadworthy”, as at sea with heavy weather which can be encountered it also needs to be loaded/lashed seaworthy for crew and cargo safety.
Please find below items which are not allowed with some pics attached for easy reference.
- Cargo loaded on top cannot be placed on tyres and/or pallets but needs to be loaded onto strong wooden beams.
- Cargo cannot be loaded onto the fuel tank.
- Cargo needs to be properly lashed and secured.
- Only welding cargo is not sufficient, also additional lashing needs to be in place.
- Units cannot be overweight. Have noticed Big vans which are far too heavy are still being delivered, and blocked after delivery. These will be rejected form entering the terminal.
- Iron/Iron is not allowed and wooden dunnage needs to be put in between to avoid sliding of the cargo.
- Purschuim to close compartments is NOT allowed as in case of fire it is impossible to open any doors!!
- It is not allowed to load any cargo onto the passenger’s seat, as in case of emergency, driver needs to have two exit points!
- Max overlength is 2 meters.
- Stevedores need to be able to drive and take place in the drivers seat!
Trust on your usual cooperation!”